Anybody entering Kenya must have a visa .You can either get a visa on arrival at the airport, or before you travel. To minimize time spent queuing at the airport, get a visa before you travel. You can apply for single entry and transit visas on Kenyan visa application portal www.evisa.go.ke For other types of visa, apply at the nearest Kenyan High Commission or Embassy. For more information on different types of visas see the website of the Kenya High Commission.
Most Countries all over the world are moving towards digitization of their operations. Online visa application makes it possible for visitors and tourists to get their Visa easily and in advance hence removing the unnecessary anxiety at the point of entry. The procedure for visa application in Kenya has now been simplified and is user friendly. This is done through the E-Visa application portal www.evisa.go.ke.
NB: Effective 1st February ,2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya were exempted from paying visa fees.
- Applicants for all visa services should be completed online
- Applicants must complete one application per person to receive a unique confirmation number
- After completion, applicants are required to down load, print and sign the application before mailing it to the embassy of the republic of Kenya, Washington, D.C.
- Applications which are not filled online will be returned unprocessed
- National (passport holders) of the following countries require visas to enter Kenya . click here for details
- Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya.click here for details
- Passport( Not photocopy ) which is valid for at least six(6) months -To be submitted along with the application form.
- Completed (Filled in) Application form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary / Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos, 2 inches by 2 inches (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order / Cashier’s Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- US$50.00 For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$100.00 For Multiple Entries (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$20.00 For Single Transit of not more than 3 days for travelers on stopovers in Kenya while proceeding to other destinations
- US$100.00 East Africa,
- Diplomatic, Official, Service and Courtesy visas will continue to be issued Gratis .
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail envelopes are not acceptable).
- Only money orders /cashiers cheques payable to the embassy of the republic of Kenya are accepted .No cash or personal cheques .
- No Visa is required for persons on direct Transit and will not leaving the airport,
- A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
- Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
- Visas are issued within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services
- Those travelling to Kenya with their pets must obtain pet permits
- Holders of Kenya visitor/Business/tourist visa cannot engage in any form of employment whether paid or unpaid
- Applicants who intend to conduct temporary business, trade or profession must apply for a special pass from the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi
- Applicants seeking to undertake Internship/placement or academic research should liaise with their host organizations, institutions or companies to make applications for the necessary pass to the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi prior to their engagements.